The Micklem Multibridle
WHY WE LOVE IT
- When it fits, it fits really good
- The leather is high quality and will soften beautifully with time
- You can easily lung with the cavesson ring before riding
- Is more comfy for the horses head.
- It has clips to connect the bit to the noseband and will move some pressure from the mouth to the nose/head and keep the bit from straining the tung
- That you have the bitless options with both strong and not so strong variations
WHAT WE WOULD FIX
- The leather is really thick and that makes it a bit hard to take on and off especially in the beginning, we might want a thinner leather.
- It should be easier to find out what size to buy
- And it should be easier to assemble it
WHEN WE USE IT
Especially on young horses that needs lunging to buck out all their energy before riding.
We also use it for everything else.
Some would maybe go for a more glamours one for shows, but we dont!
When teaching somebody to ride and you need to lead the horse from the ground
Now after fitting and using it for about a year we are totally in love with this bridle. We had quite a challenge to soften the leather, but now it actually feels very soft indeed.
This bridle is known for avoiding nerves, pressure points and teeth, making sure that it is fitted as carefully as possible for the horses comfort. And of course we love that.
We cannot say we actually feel a difference in the horse when we ride with this bridle, but it does feel good to make sure they are as comfortable as possible while we are on them!
We attended a clinic with the clever Heike Kemmer where she adviced a girl owning a young horse with a tung issue to try the Micklem. And she added that all young horses could benefit from being started in this bridle.
We off course when straight to the tack shop and bought one for our youngster!
We did change the brow band to make it a bit more festive! 😀
LETS GET TECHINCAL
It has loads of uses
It can be a normal bridle
You can attache the clips to keep the bit away from the tung and get som more preassure in the nose band
Its a lunging cavesson
It has 3 ways of riding bitless
It is also possible to use this as a halter
Multibridle is a perfect name for it really!
HOW WE CLEAN IT
We have used normal saddle soap on this twice a week and added leather balsam maybe every other week. It has gradually soften this otherwise stiff halter.
This was tough love. First, we ordered the wrong size. Normally we use XFULL so the first one was way to big. I sent it back and after four weeks we got the new one. After trying to understand how to attach the bit properly. I tried on all the three different bitstraps before landing on the medium sized strap. Then after trying it on, I had to change to the larger one. After a very long and tiresome process we finally had the perfect fit!
The multibridle comes in black and brown.
It wasn’t easy to find the black with brass buckles, but finally found it!
There is also a competition edition with or without bling. However this is without the cavesson rings.
There are reins available in this range.