WHY WE LOVE IT
* It has the perfect fit on most horses
* It doesn’t rub on our horses
* Its warm and waterproof, perfect for cold walks out in the snow!
WHAT WE WOULD FIX
* It does actually move around a bit, we would love it if it laid more still. Its just minor movements, normally it drags a bit down on one side.
* We have it in XL on a horse that normally wares a 7 / 165 and its a bit short down the sides. It could be a little bit longer
* We might change the colour of the light grey tail strap as it… gets brownish
WHEN WE USE IT
* In the Walker
* When lunging outside
* When warming up inside
* When hand walking out and about in the forest / countryside in winter
We do not use this rug as a stable rug or turnout rug. However we have seen horses with bad rubs use this for those purposes.
We love this rug. We have used it on a small warmblood, on a big Friesian and on an even bigger knabstrupper and with some adjustments on the surcingles, it fitted them all perfectly! Even after lunging for 20 minutes it’s still acting as its supposed to do.
Yesterday we walked out when heavy wet snow was falling, and this rug was perfect in those conditions. When the snow stopped falling, the horse and rug was dry and warm in no time.
As you can see on the photo below it does sometimes drag down on one side, but more often when we walk out, than when lunging. Not sure why that is.
LETS GET TECHINCAL
The one we have has a 100 grams filling, but its very airy and does not feel to warm when lunging.
There is one buckle in front, cross surcingles under the belly and a tail strap.
Waterproof to 3000mm
HOW WE CLEAN IT
Put it in the washer, but we would wait until its really sweaty as this is a waterproof rug and the waterproofing will suffer if washed.
If the horse is prone to sweating maybe its better to use this just for warming up, and then lunging without, for again adding a fleece or wool rug to dry off the horse.
It has a cutaway in the front allowing for full movement of the shoulders. And since the shoulders are the tricky part when fitting rugs, this makes it an easy fit for most horses. We have used it on many different horses, and it fits beautifully for the action based movements.
When new make sure you try the rug on before removing the tags.
Rugs from this brand normally comes a bit large in size.
This rug comes with 100g or 200g
It comes in S, M, L and XL
Small – 5’3 – 5’6 (110 – 115)
Medium – 5’9 – 6’0 ( 125 – 130)
Large – 6’3 – 6’6 (140 – 145)
XLarge – 6’9 – 7’0 (150 – 160)